CLICK HERE for for Individual Tax Number (ITN) Application for Non-Residents
Submit your completed applications to the
Scholarships for eligible returning ESL students as follows
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (April Competition)
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (August Competition)
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (December Competition)
- April Competition: April 20 (recipients will be notified by May 20)
- August Competition: September 1 (recipients will be notified by September 30)
- December Competition: December 20 (recipients will be notified by Jan 20)
To qualify an applicant must
- be a registered full-time international English for Academic Purposes Program student
- have completed at least one English for Academic Purposes Program level with a grade A average
- have participated in activities that have made a contribution to other students, their academic department and/or the College community in general
Required Supporting Documentation
- A cover letter briefly outlining the contributions you have made to other students, your department/School and/or the College community in general. Include the start date/ end date of the activity; name of the organization; number of hours per week; and some specific details about the activity.
- Attach a letter in support of your application from a George Brown College staff member.
How will the award decision be made?
Successful scholarship award recipients will be selected by a committee established by the College; the committee will have representation from academic divisions. The decision of the committee is final and cannot be appealed. Only the recipients of the scholarships will be notified.
If you have any questions, please contact Dorothy Van Grootheest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form can be found at: http://www.georgebrown.ca/international/currentstudents/scholarships/esl.aspx
Please Note: To receive a scholarship you must have an ITN (or a SIN) number. Submit your ITN (Individual Tax Number) application before submitting your scholarship application as it can take time to process BUT ensure your documents are certified before you send them to Ottawa. Under ‘reason you are applying’ tick the ‘FILING A CANADIAN INCOME TAX RETURN’ box.
Please follow the link to access the ITN application: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/README.html